Friday, June 26, 2015

When One Goes Missing


Meet. My. Neighbors. OK, well, they aren't my only neighbors, but they by far are the closest ones I have. I love them beyond words. When I get home or before I leave, it may be fair to say that I could double as a chicken with my head stretched out - because I am always looking for them. At the beginning of this year, we left a bigger town for a small community close by. Out in the country. Where we have quickly found refuge. And home. It's where my parents were born and raised. It's where I spent every weekend on my Granny's farm - growing up. It's where the LORD pursued me heavily ... and I accepted. And now it's where the LORD displays some incredible artwork in the heavenlies and in the great outdoors every evening and every morning. Just as soon as I think I've got a favorite picked, He surprises me with something new. He loves me this way. It is certainly my love language. It is His way of displaying His love, grace, and mercy for me. So ... about last night - it was almost as usual. I was in the full throes of washing dishes, cooking and preparing supper, while talking to my teenager. During all of this I happened to look out of my kitchen window. It's where I spend a lot of time cooking, cleaning, preparing for life. The window displays one of the most beautiful pieces of land. It's where I see the sun rising. My flowers growing. A storm brewing. And my husband coming home every evening from work. So you can be sure it's where I keep a close watch at always. So as I look out ... wouldn't you know it, one of those precious calves that reside on the land right next to me was standing in full view. ONLY this time, he wasn't in his usual dwelling. In the moment ... I felt like one of those silly cartoon characters gone haywire, um which way did he go, which way did he go?! In a split second, I turned off all my pots, water, and ran out of the back door calling behind for my daughter to go with me. The whole time I am speaking calmly to this little calf walking towards him as quickly as I could without startling him ... all I could hear in my heart was this small voice speaking back saying ... this is how I respond when even one of mine go missing. Last night I felt more called to help save this calf than anything I had been a part of in a long time. It's without a doubt that the LORD allowed me to assist in the rescue of this little calf so that I could understand just how important even we are to Him. To be honest - He created us for His purposes and He desires a relationship with us. However, He is always a gentleman. He will never push Himself on any of us. For me, He knows me best because He created me. He knows I love the country life. So He has blessed me with this for such a time as this.
So this is him ... the one that went missing. He is still a babe. I've had a few conversations with him beside the fence ... you know, that's what fence neighbors do. They walk up and stand a spell. Or talk a spell. He knows me. Or I would like to think he does ... I continued to walk closer to him. He kept his eye on me. The whole time he was walking forward - towards the road. The whole time I am praying - LORD, even this one means something to you. Please get Him back in that fence where he is safe. I began to think about that road. That road to him may have looked like a whole bunch of freedom. No more big cows that I have to move over and share my grass with. No more of the same old scenery. That road ... ahhh, freedom. The freedom to make my own choices. The freedom to go where I want to go. The freedom to live my own life. I thought about how many times have I wanted my own freedom and wanted to be able to be by myself and do my own thing. When the reality of it is - the LORD gives me boundaries. Not a prison. He shows me a blessed walk of life. In other words - if I follow Him and live by His guidelines then I will not only live in freedom, but live a life of blessings. So as you can imagine ... when I got a few feet from him, he bolted and shot back through the barbed wire fence that he had previously done some damage to. Thankfully, he didn't go very far. Thankfully, the LORD spurred my interest to look out that window right at that moment. Thankfully, he was safe. I always told my daughter while she was growing up ... be careful little eyes what you see, be careful little ears what you hear, be careful little mouth what you say ... for the LORD is above and He watches with His love ... only because He wants us safe in His care. He wants the best for us - just like our parents. Thank you LORD for always protecting. Always nudging. Always leading in the way that you would have me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment