Thursday, September 17, 2015

Be Ready!


Last week at Wednesday night church service, I was totally caught off guard. I was so stunned by being called out. Well, in all fairness - I must confess it was NOT ME literally that was called out. Not technically by my pastor, but more so by God. So there I sat and was expecting my Word when it nearly knocked me out of my chair. And to be truthful about it, I never even saw it coming. I was so caught off guard - I cried. Not sure if a bee had ever stung so hard. It hit me like a stun gun of how often I keep all these things in which the LORD has done for me, only to myself; because I chose to believe the lie that nobody was interested. So, if scripture points to it ... then if I withhold that from God's people and anyone else that may have a chance at meeting the LORD Jesus because of something I have shared, then I am not allowing others to see what He has done for me. Let alone what He has done in and through me. So, here it is almost one week later and it is still resounding in my heart. What was it that was SO profound that has me still considering? Still thinking. Still repeating the Word over and over? Are you ready? OK, here it goes. "BE ready" ... Be ready to share with others the hope that i have .... I Peter 3:15 i have thought about it all week long. You'll find comfort in knowing that the next day - I apologized to the Pastor and confessed. Oh yes, because i believe James 5:16 when it teaches to confess your sins to one another and pray for one another so that you may be healed. Just so you know ... I am ready. Totally. So much so - that I've been practicing all week long. So i thought i would practice again with you ... are you ready?
So here goes. For over a year now, I have been WAITING for the movie WAR ROOM to come out. When it finally hit the theaters on August 28, i felt like i had won something. I was that ready to see it. It's a film by Alex and Stephen Kendrick - the brothers from Albany, Georgia that also created Flywheel, Facing the Giants, Fireproof, and Courageous. So my family and i finally went to the movies last weekend to see it. Let me just say ... to be able to sit in a theater and watch one of my favorite Bible study teachers - whom i really glean from, be up on that silver screen - in what seems like a mini scale of my own life at times, tears fell easily. To take it one step further ... just so you will know - God does NOT stop at anything to speak. To get my attention. The movie was filmed in my hometown of Kannapolis, North Carolina. Some of it was also filmed in Concord where I lived before I moved away ... and in Charlotte, where i worked and went to school. So, these sights were familiar to me. Like drinking from a well spring of water. Ok, so not only was it a familiar, well loved Bible teacher of mine. It was in my home town. A story that has resembled me at various times in my life. Are you listening? Lastly, at the END of the movie ....
Here's your sign. Literally. Multi-tiered. I'm talking - WHEN God speaks, HE does it so that there will NOT BE ANY QUESTION AT ALL... this particular sign was on the daughter's wall in the movie - at the very end. So i took a picture to share this with you. My sign was given to me by a really great friend that has been there with me and my family through the thick. And the thin. When it was good. When it was bad. When I saw this sign in the movie - the tears streamed from my eyes that stung like never before. It was God sending me a special message saying i love you ... draw closer to me. My testimony is this .... YOU ARE LOVED, by GOD - HE is the beginning and the end. The alpha and omega. The one that hung the moon. The one that pursues you. And me. Every day. Every night. IF you don't believe me, inspect for yourself. Get into His Word daily. Seek Him. Pray like you've never done so before. He speaks through His Word. It is alive and active. He will never leave your side - nor forsake you. He is looking for those that love Him ... whether life is good. Or bad. Or thick. Or thin. Anyone that calls upon the name of the LORD will be saved. He is waiting and He loves you. Like I said - if He will take a film crew from Albany, Georgia to my home town .... I cannot wait to hear what He will do for you! Let me know ...

No comments:

Post a Comment